Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolving

Ahem... Check. Check. 1. 2. 1. 2. I think this thing is on. January 5th. First blog post of 2012. All the other professional bloggers have pledged their efforts to make blogging a priority, return emails, run marathons, eat better, eat less. Well. I started 2012 a few days late. I have a handful of resolutions that will hopefully make me more prosperous, healthier, better looking and on time; however I'm taking my time on those big ambitions. Organization seems to be a buzz word across the Internet, lots of people resolving to keep things less cluttered. I found a few extremely attractive ways to achieve a more ordered life.


Handsome acrylic magazine racks. $34.99 at the container store.


Cloth bound notebooks. Great colors. I wonder if I'm the only one that does this: you spy a rainbowed display of, say, binders. They look beautiful all together, but you can't make up your mind on which color you like best. My recommendation, don't buy the Roy G. Biv, pick a favorite color and buy 3. Consistency. Buy a palette and buy 3 colors that go together, not too matchy-matchy though. Or, take a picture on your phone and enjoy all the colors. For some reason I have a thing for school supplies. Binders are great ways to keep recipes, take out menus, receipts.


Good looking wrapping paper caught my eye at the container store as well.


I love a tray, I love a bowl, I love a plate. I use them as catchalls for everything that falls out of my pocket, purse, hand. If you've got enough places to put things you'll become less cluttered. What's the saying? A place for everything and everything in its place. Happy twenty dozen! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. i went for a few of those fabric boxes the other day and just couldnt decide on the color. i must have looked like a freek standing in front of them for half an hour! finally decided on orange :)

    ReplyDelete