Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Find Out About Polyvore, Friends.

Back in the day, when I worked at a fabric showroom, clients would come in and say "I want to do something different!" Good for you, I'd say. Let's look around. Giant floral, bold geometric. They'd really get into it, but then I'd bring them back to reality with "You may like this piece of fabric, but would you wear it?" Oh the look on their perplexed faces. My motto is if you wouldn't put it on your body, you're going to hate it in your house. Style doesn't stay in your closet. It's your own personal statement of how YOU like things to look. Interior design is tricky because it's all about personal taste. As a designer, it's my job to read your taste and make offerings on what I think you might like + a little bit of my taste + your opinion. It's hard work.

I wear the same thing everyday I go to work. On the weekends, I add spandex and Minnetonka moccasins. Here are a few outfits that some gifted people made on polyvore - which is a neat, neat, neat website. Much like Pinterest, Polyvore allows you to clip pictures from favorite shopping sites and make ensembles/collages/dream wardrobes.





Source: polyvore.com via Beth on Pinterest



Source: polyvore.com via Ann on Pinterest





I'd call it a mix between scrap-booking and window-shopping, but haute-er. In planning an outfit to wear to a Christmas cocktail party this weekend, I internet-enlisted Polyvore for help, unbeknownst to them. Thanks P.! Appreciate the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment