Friday, May 25, 2012

Throwbacks

I'm sensing a return to the traditional. As I've been scouring fabrics recently I've noticed a resurgence in toile, embroidery, flame stitch and moire (silks that look like they have wood grain pronounced moooowaaah rey).

However, they aren't in ho-hum reds, blacks, royal blues like your mother's, grandmother's, great great aunt's toile bedroom curtains, dust ruffle, table skirt - you know the room I'm talking about. They're in fresh colors that would be quite cool paired with trendier fabrics.




robert allen.




ditto.




r.allen, much hotter pink in person.




robert allen as well.




my fav. eliza's garden in salem red.

Have a wonderfully patriotic Memorial Day Weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly which toile room you are talking about:)

    ReplyDelete