Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stumped.

I've been working tirelessly for two weeks on what to do with the top of my dresser. No, I haven't, I've been busy wedding planning, new-job transitioning, etc. etc. I looked at my dresser top two days ago and thought "UGH!? You've got to do something better than this!?" So, I've been looking at the great art of tablescaping. Creating a zen garden atop a piece of furniture. Here's some of my homework that I've been studying; hopefully it will help me get an A on my Creative Horizontal Spaces Exam.






But, it's got to be functional and storage-ly efficient....



Double lamps are a good symmetrical solution, but ergh. I have no plugs behind this dresser.

The formula for a well "merchandised" table top is varying heights and weights. So if you have 97 little, teeny figurines the space is not reaching it's potential.

So, in my planning I'm thinking of something that looks a little like this (with a long extension cord for the lamp)






I will need a lamp... or two.




A stack of books and an objet d'art to crown them.


Source: zhush.com via Adair on Pinterest



And, something to hold my jewels.

Source: zhush.com via Adair on Pinterest


There done. Except I need a pretty piece of art behind it. Definitely Cozamia.

Source: cozamia.com via Adair on Pinterest

Actual results may vary....

1 comment:

  1. love it, i just ordered this lamp in lavender- i love the peachy-keen one lots too tho!

    ReplyDelete